Advocacy for human rights:
The Dominicans for Justice and Peace office at the United Nations in Geneva is an international service that is an extension of the work of many of our Dominican brothers and sisters throughout the world who are involved in the protection of human rights and vulnerable people.
We offer Dominican brothers and sisters who ask for our assistance:
- A platform at the international level that serves as an extension of their local work for justice and allows them to speak truth on situations of human rights violations.
- We represent their local concerns to the UN and its agencies, diplomatic missions, and other international NGOs, and make oral and written statements at the UN Commission on Human Rights.
- We advocate for reforms, and we make recomendations for improving human rights situations in countries.
- We provide research on international treaties, data and thematic issues that can assist the work of our brothers and sisters at the local level.
- We host Dominican delegations in Geneva to enable them to network effectively with government missions and non-governmental organizations.
- We launch and respond to urgent appeals about local violations of human rights.