We are happy to open the following position to join the Team at Dominicans for Justice and Peace.
Summary of the internship
Title: Resource Mobilisation Intern
Location: Worldwide candidates are welcome to apply. This is a home-based position.
Reports to: Director and Project Manager
Contract: 6 months
Start of contract: As soon as possible
As part of the Resource Mobilisation Team, the intern will participate in increasing the visibility of the organization among potential and current donors, partners and the Dominican Family. S/he will help in the roll-out of the fundraising strategy of Dominicans for Justice and Peace, supporting the various processes in securing funding for the organization, including undertaking research, reaching out to potential donors and updating the database of the organization. The intern will work under the supervision of the Director and the Project Manager.
ABOUT Dominicans for Justice and Peace:
Dominicans for Justice and Peace is a non-profit NGO and representing the Order of Preachers (Dominicans) to the United Nations (UN). It is dedicated to the promotion of justice and peace in the world and to the promotion and protection of human rights for all. Dominicans for Justice and Peace hopes to contribute to the ongoing promotion of social justice and protection against human rights violations worldwide. Through its advocacy, training and academic engagement programmes, Dominicans for Justice and Peace aims at liaising with members of the Dominican Family worldwide, encouraging them and increasing their capacity to advocate for the promotion and protection of human rights at the international level.
- Assist in the roll out of the fundraising strategy;
- Assist in the development of project proposals and concept notes;
- Assist in updating the database and in monitoring information on calls for proposals and other relevant information;
- Research for potential donors and partners;
- Participate in reaching out to the Dominican Family in raising awareness on the resource acquisition needs of the organisation
- Perform other related tasks as required by the organisation
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Desired minimum level of study: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field;
- Fluency in English and either German, French or Spanish;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to promote our work to with a wide-range of audiences;
- Confirmed experience in internet research and the use of computer applications;
- Some knowledge of human rights is an asset;
- Experience in communication writing is an asset;
- Strong interpersonal and multicultural relationship skills;
- Enthusiastic, creative and open-minded personality;
- Resilient, flexible and able to adapt to significant workloads, prioritising accordingly with minimal support;
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your CV with a 1-page cover letter (in English) to Mr. Benedict Rimando at email@example.com.
Please mention in the subject of the message “Internship offer”.
Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.