Besides the important work of advocating for the promotion and protection of human rights within the UN in Geneva, it is crucial to build the capacities and knowledge of Dominicans and other civil society members around the existence and functioning of the UN mechanisms. Dominicans for Justice and Peace therefore regularly organizes workshops in specific countries to train Dominicans and other partners from the civil society about the UN human rights system, its monitoring mechanisms and procedures. The organization also welcomes Dominicans and other collaborators in its office in Geneva in order to provide them with an exposure of the work of international advocacy.
With its training program, Dominicans for Justice and Peace hopes to ensure sustainability of the Dominicans’ engagement in the promotion and protection of human rights on the ground and to strengthen the organization’s international advocacy, thanks to strong local inputs.
- 2019 Workshop in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- 2019 Workshop in Ivory Coast
- 2019 Workshop in Dominican Republic
- 2018 Workshop in Dominican Republic
- 2018 Training Program in Ivory Coast
- 2018 workshops in Democratic Republic of Congo (Kinshasa and Isiro)
- 2017 Workshop in Colombia
Top photo: Workshop in Colombia ©
Side Photos (from top to bottom): Workshop in Dominican Republic; Workshop in the Great Lakes region ©