We process the Personal Data that you, your representative or the organization your work for provide us, such as contact details (first name, surname, email, telephone number, address, language preference, professional data or other business information).
We collect other personal data when you donate via the platform iRaiser, such as the city and the country, the organization’s name. We do not have access to bank or credit card details which are collected and processed by the iRaiser only.
We collect other personal data that may be required by international organizations, such as UN-affiliated organizations based in Geneva, when they require pre-registration or badges to attend events or conferences held on their premises.
Why do we process your Personal Data?
(i) To provide and to improve our Services and the Website ;
(ii) To send you our newsletters and other information such as invitation to events, training programs or lectures;
(iii) To manage and to hold any event or conference we organize to which you reply as attending;
(iv) To collect donations for the purposes of our association;
(v) To process your application for an opening position (job, traineeship) or volunteer work;
(vi) To comply with any legal and regulatory obligations where we are required to process your Personal Data, such as verifying your identity or storing periods ;
Transfer and recipients of Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data collected and processed for the purposes set out above, to the following recipients:
- External service providers, such as IT and cloud service providers;
- Partner organizations with whom we co-organise events, seminars and workshops. The names of partner organisations and their privacy policies will be disclosed at the time of registration for each event;
- International organisations, such as UN-affiliated organisations based in Geneva, which require pre-registration or badges to attend events or conferences held on their premises. The personal data they require will be communicated to you by personal means of communication;
- Third parties and authorities if such disclosure is necessary to undertake our contractual duties towards you, or if necessary to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations or if necessary in our legitimate interest.
The servers of our web and email hosting providers are based in the United States of America. Some of our emails are send using the services of MailChimp, also based in the United States of America. Your Personal Data may therefore be transferred outside Switzerland.
How do we protect your Personal Data?
How long do we store your Personal Data
We retain your Personal Data for as long as such retention is reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes mentioned above under section 2 or until you withdraw your consent, provided that we are not authorized to retain the Personal Data for another reason (e. g. any necessary legitimate interest, to exercise and/or defend any legal rights, in the context of investigations and/or our legal obligations).
- Personal data collected for donations will be kept for up to two years after the last time we have had contact with you. If you have not contacted us or responded to our communication, we will contact you within this period to renew consent;
- Personal data collected for newsletters will be kept until you unsubscribe;
- Personal data collected for events or seminars will be kept for up to two years after the last time we have had contact with you. If you have not contacted us or responded to our communication, we will contact you within this period to renew consent.
You have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data, unless in presence of a legal or regulatory obligation or an overriding legitimate interest of Dominicans for Justice and Peace or of a third party :
- a right of access and request a copy of your Personal Data;
- a right of rectification where the information we hold about you is inaccurate;
- a right to request that your Personal Data be erased where for instance they are not necessary for the purpose for which they were collected or processed or if you withdraw your consent;
- a right to restrict the use of your personal information;
- a right to object to the processing of Personal Data;
- where applicable, a right to data portability;
- a right to withdraw your consent for the processing of Personal Data at any time. Please note that such withdrawal shall only apply for future data processing and shall not impact the processing that occurred in the past;
- a right to submit a complaint with the competent data protection authority if you believe that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable data protection laws. In Switzerland, the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner is competent to supervise private entities: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may unsubscribe from our newsletter or from any marketing communication at any time by informing us via email@example.com or by clicking on the link at the bottom of each newsletter.
We will, in general, not charge a fee for the exercise of any of your rights in relation to your Personal Data. However, we may charge an access fee if your request involves significant costs to us, in which case we will inform you as required by applicable law.
Please inform us as soon as possible if any of your Personal Data changes (including your correspondence details). Failure to provide accurate data or to update data when applicable may have a detrimental impact upon our ability to provide our Services.
Last update: July 2022